Creating Inclusive Classrooms
This workshop will cover relevant research from psychology and education that addresses strategies to proactively set norms supportive of an inclusive classroom, and to respond to moments of friction in class. The focus of this training is intentionally broad: it will touch on inclusive pedagogical practices with respect to race/ethnicity, language, gender, religion, ideology, ability, nationality, etc. Instructors will be explicitly encouraged to reflect on how these inclusive practices can be applied inside and outside of their classes.
FALL QUARTER TA TRAINING WORKSHOPS
The Office of Instructional Development TA Training Program is excited to announce workshops for TAs for the Fall Quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom.
Workshop Schedule (Check back soon for additional workshops):
- Creating Inclusive Classrooms—Wed., October 3, 4:00–5:30 p.m., Powell 186
- Creating Inclusive Classrooms—Thurs., October 4, 12:30–2:00 p.m., Powell 186
- How Students Learn—Mon., October 8, 12:30–2:00, Powell 285
- Time Management: Meeting Multiple Goals as a Graduate Student, TA, and Human—Tues., October 9, 4:00–5:30, Powell 285
- Creating Inclusive Classrooms—Mon., October 15, 12:30–2:00 p.m., Powell 186
- Creating Inclusive Classrooms—Wed., October 17, 12:30–2:00 p.m., Powell 186
- Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning—Fri., October 19, 12:30–2:00 p.m., Powell 285
- Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom—Wed., November 28, 12:30–2:00 p.m., Powell 186
- Stress & Anxiety Toolkit—Thurs., November 29, 4:00–5:30 p.m., Powell 285
If the session you are interested in is full, please email Jennifer MacGregor at email@example.com to see if we've received any last-minute cancellations. We want to accommodate as many people as possible!
Thank you! We look forward to working with you!