TA Training Workshop: Giving Feedback: Assessing Student Writing
Students are often asked to communicate what they have learned in writing. But strengths and weaknesses in their writing can boost or hinder their ability to communicate what they know. During this workshop, participants will learn how to identify the writing issues to address and ignore; how to preempt plagiarism and grade complaints; how to empower students to effectively edit their own work; and how to manage their time.
WINTER QUARTER TA TRAINING WORKSHOPS
The Office of Instructional Development TA Training Program is excited to announce workshops for TAs for the Winter Quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom. All workshops will be held in Powell 285 (enter through the main library entrance, turn left in the Rotunda).
Workshop Schedule (Check back soon for additional Thursday workshops):
- Monday, January 8, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Assessment & Grading
- Monday, January 22, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Monday, January 29, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Improving Communication for the Multicultural Classroom
- Thursday, February 1, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Time Management
- Monday, February 5, 2:30–2:00 p.m.—How Students Learn
- Friday, February 9, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Cheating, Grade Complaints, and Disruptive Behavior: Prevention & Management
- Monday, February 12, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Thursday, February 15, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Giving Feedback: Assessing Student Writing
- Thursday, February 22, 4:00–5:30 p.m.—Crafting the Teaching Statement
- Monday, February 26, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—The Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning
If the session you are interested in is full, or if registration is no longer available, please sign on to the Eventbrite waiting list or email Jennifer MacGregor at email@example.com to see if we've received any last-minute cancellations. We want to accommodate as many people as possible!
Thank you! We look forward to working with you!