TA Training Workshop: Improved Communication for the Multicultural Classroom
Register now! Want to effectively communicate with the students in your class? Want to be more inclusive of students from diverse cultural backgrounds when you teach? Come to this workshop to learn intercultural communication skills and pedagogical tools for teaching in a multicultural classroom. Through this workshop you will learn how to identify your own communication style, develop an understanding of how dimensions of culture can impact interactions between you and your students, and build skills for approaching intercultural interactions in an academic setting effectively and appropriately. As a participant in this workshop, you will consider real life examples to help you become a more effective teaching assistant!
Whether you are currently TAing or would like to TA in the future, please join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom in our small-group, hands-on workshops. Click the “Register Now” button to reserve your space. If the session is full, please email Jennifer MacGregor at email@example.com to see if we can accommodate you. We look forward to working with you!
Future TA Training Workshops
- Tuesday, April 24, 4–5:30 p.m.—Teaching Humanities & Social Sciences Writing
- Wednesday, April 25, 12:30–2 p.m.—Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Tuesday, May 15, 12:30–1:45 p.m.—Stress & Anxiety Toolkit
- Wednesday, May 16, 12:30–2 p.m.—Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Tuesday, May 22, 4–5:30 p.m.—Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Wednesday, May 23, 12:30–2 p.m.—Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning