TA Training Workshop: The Nuts and Bolts of Lesson Planning
Good lesson plans mean more effective instruction that maximizes student learning. This workshop is designed to be useful to TAs in many fields. Participants will learn how to craft an effective lesson plan based on student-centered, specific, and measurable learning goals, and to revise lesson plans after teaching them so they can be used effectively in the future. This workshop will also help TAs understand how much they can cover in a section, and how to tailor lessons to students with diverse levels of experience in your discipline.
WINTER QUARTER TA TRAINING WORKSHOPS
The Office of Instructional Development TA Training Program is excited to announce workshops for TAs for the Winter Quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom. All workshops will be held in Powell 285 (enter through the main library entrance, turn left in the Rotunda).
Workshop Schedule (Check back soon for additional Thursday workshops):
- Monday, January 8, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Assessment & Grading
- Monday, January 22, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Monday, January 29, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Improving Communication for the Multicultural Classroom
- Thursday, February 1, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Time Management
- Monday, February 5, 2:30–2:00 p.m.—How Students Learn
- Friday, February 9, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Cheating, Grade Complaints, and Disruptive Behavior: Prevention & Management
- Monday, February 12, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Thursday, February 15, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—Giving Feedback: Assessing Student Writing
- Thursday, February 22, 4:00–5:30 p.m.—Crafting the Teaching Statement
- Monday, February 26, 12:30–2:00 p.m.—The Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning
If the session you are interested in is full, or if registration is no longer available, please sign on to the Eventbrite waiting list or email Jennifer MacGregor at email@example.com to see if we've received any last-minute cancellations. We want to accommodate as many people as possible!
Thank you! We look forward to working with you!